Research process involves 3 stages: preparing, evaluating, analyzing.
During preparing for the research you:
- brainstorm the possible sources of information;
- make your topic more specific;
- plan your research process.
During evaluating stage you:
- select the most credible and reliable source to look for information;
- find these sources;
- point out the information to answer your essay question.
During analyzing stage you:
- study closely the information you have found and pick out the material to be included in your essay;
- arrange the evidence in logical order;
- form your own opinion on the major points of the collected material.
The advice suggested below will help you to save time and stick to the topic while doing research:
Paraphrase the topic of your essay into a question. – Your search will be purposeful and to the point.
Decide on key words for your search. (Who, Where, What and When of your essay question).
Seek for answers to particular questions, do not peruse everything on the subject that comes your way.
Think and ask yourself questions as you investigate your topic. This way your work will be more quality and relevant.