Follow these steps in building up your thesis:
- Look for interesting appealing facts, controversial issues and arguments in your primary sources, analyze them.
- Write down a working thesis.
- Place your thesis at the end of an introductory paragraph.
- Think of the counter-arguments to your thesis. It will help you to polish it.
These are the features of a good thesis statement:
- A good thesis presents the writer’s clearly defined position on the topic. (Don’t beat around the bush. Express your point of view briefly and accurately)
- A good thesis is meaningful.
- A good thesis does not promise to cover more than the essay affords.
- An efficient thesis has a manageable, debatable claim.
- A good thesis is presented in the end of the first paragraph.
- A good thesis comprises two parts: - first, it informs what you are going to discuss and then how you are going to do it.
Mind the three “never” rules for thesis statements:
- A thesis is never an interrogative sentence.
- A thesis is never an enumeration.
- A thesis should never be unclear, aggressive or confrontational.
微信: ofsean QQ: 404232368 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 18966923919
西安市碑林区海戴翻译中心（统一社会信用代码：92610103MA6U4CF80E，可开发票）版权所有 违者必究 Copyright 2005-2018 All Rights Reserved